Documents for admission
Why do we need doctoral studies PhD?
PhD studies are necessary to provide the competitiveness of the teaching staff, researchers and professionals in the global market of educational services. Doctoral studies PhD provides improved process of preparation scientific and pedagogical staff in accordance with international standards and principles of the Bologna process.
Why we choose PhD doctoral studies of ENU?
The L.N.Gumilyov ENU is a leading university of the RK is one of the flagships of education, providing training highly qualified specialists and scientific personnel of international educational doctoral programs (PhD), based on best international experience and innovative technology of modern education. ENU cooperates with leading scientific centers of the world that offers a wide scope for the realization creative potential for talented young people.
What is a form of training in doctoral PhD?
Training in doctoral programs PhD of Gumilyov ENU is a full-time, with the work being discontinued. Duration of study is 3 years.
What requirements apply for admission to doctoral program PhD?
In the doctorate of Gumilyov ENU adopted citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan and foreign citizens and stateless persons who have academic degree of "Master". Stateless persons permanently residing in the Republic of Kazakhstan can get on a competitive basis in accordance with state educational order a free graduate education if the education they receive at this level for the first time. Eligibility for foreigners on a competitive basis in accordance with state educational order a free graduate education is defined by international treaties of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
When is the admission to doctoral studies PhD?
Each year, reception of applications from persons entering the doctoral PhD, is held from June 20 to July 20, the entrance examinations are held from 1 to August 20.
What documentation is required for admission to doctoral studies PhD?
1) An application to the head of the organization;
2) The rationale for the proposed dissertation research, consistent with the alleged native or foreign scientific adviser;
3) A copy of identity card;
4) Copy of the education;
5) A copy of a certificate confirming that the test program described in paragraph 4 of these regulations (if any);
6) a list of scientific and methodological work (if available);
7) The six photographs size 3x4 cm;
8) a medical certificate form 086-U;
9) Personal form of accounting personnel and proof of employment
(Person, who has work experience)
With copies of the documents provided the original for verification. After the verification of the original it is return.
What exams are necessary to pass for admission to doctoral studies PhD?
Citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan and stateless persons entering the doctoral studies, except the foreigners, take entrance exams:
1) In one foreign language of choice (English, French, German);
Entrance examinations for the state, Russian and foreign languages are held by the technology developed by the National Testing Center of Ministry of Education and Science of Kazakhstan.
Are there special requirements for entrance exams for foreign students?
Foreign citizens entering the doctoral program, pass the entrance exam:
1) On the state or the Russian language (the language of instruction);
2) The specialty
In what terms is held admission to doctoral studies PhD ENU?
Admission to the number of PhD students is conducted by the Admission Committee Gumilyov ENU from 25 to 31 August. On learning of the state educational order credited the person who obtained the highest scores on the sum of the entrance exams for at least 150 points on 200-point rating scale.
In what areas conducted training in doctoral studies PhD ENU?
According to the new Classifier of specialties of higher and postgraduate education of the Republic of Kazakhstan, that approved on 01.09.2009, is currently training in doctoral studies PhD carried out on 29 specialties in educational, humanitarian, social, technical, natural science areas and in area of service sector.
Who is the scientific director of doctoral studies PhD?
Scientific management of doctoral studies PhD is the leading scientists of the National University, is widely known not only in the country, but abroad, as well as foreign partners from leading research centers and universities that have a high rating in the scientific world. Currently, more than 150 foreign scientists from 20 countries are involved for the joint training of scientific and pedagogical personnel.
Are there special requirements for scientific management of doctoral studies PhD?
Scientific management of doctoral studies PhD of Gumilyov ENU is:
· One supervisor from Gumilyov ENU;
· One foreign consultant from different partner countries.
Requirements for the supervisor of the university:
· be a staff member of the university
· Have a doctorate degree or a candidate of sciences
· Have at least 5 publications in doctoral profile’s area in international ratings journals with high impact factor.
· Have experience in scientific management of doctoral or candidate theses.
Requirements for foreign consultants:
· Have a degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in relevant specialties or doctors in the profile;
· Have scientific management’s experience with PhD doctoral student’s dissertations;
· Have at least 10 publications in doctorate area’s profile in international ranking journals with high impact factor;
· To represent the leading foreign educational or scientific institution that passed international accreditation, which has a modern material and technical basis and access to international information networks, to library collections.
What additional opportunities are provided training in doctoral programs Ph.D?
Training in the doctoral studies PhD gives the opportunity to receive not only a deep knowledge and appropriation of a scientific degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the relevant branches of science, but also the opportunity to participate in various international projects, programs (such as Erasmus Mundus, TEMPUS, Fulbright, DAAD, etc.) and receipt of additional grants to conduct scientific research project and training in leading foreign universities.
What are achievements in the implementation of doctoral program PhD ENU?
ENU is one of the first universities in RK, implementing the program "Dual diplomas education" and "academic mobility" that allow doctoral students to implement the principle of academic freedom and learn from the training of higher qualification of the best universities in the world.
What does the scientific degree of Doctor PhD?
Doctor of Philosophy is one of the representatives of scientific-pedagogical personnel of higher schools in the Republic of Kazakhstan. This degree provides great opportunities for self-realization, the ability to engage in scientific and teaching activities at universities, to achieve the objectives in science, entering into partnerships with foreign colleagues, sharing experiences with scientists from leading universities, overseas internships for improvement of professional skills, lecturing and conducting science research in leading academic centers, further improving the level of knowledge of foreign languages, diplomas foreign and national universities (in the system dual diplomas education), the opportunity for career growth.