The students - citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan at the age of 27 years are involved to the military training, qualified for military service on health grounds. Selection of students for military training is conducted by the Selection Committee on their personal statements, which are submitted to the name of Rector of the university.
The following things are taken into account during selection of students:
- results of medical examination of the draft committee of local military command and control;
- GPA of a student in an educational institution, determined by results of examinations;
- results of the physical training standards established for university students.
These figures are considered at the meeting, held at the end of the first semester of training by the selection committee, comprising representatives from:
- Ministry of Defense - Chairman;
- ministries in charge of higher education - co-chair, members of the commission.
Personal composition of the selection committee is determined by the order of the Ministry of Defense. Enrollment of students for military training is conducted by the Rector of the university on the basis of the protocol of the selection committee on the submission of the chief of the military department. The fitness of students for military service is determined by results of medical examination of military-medical commission offices for defense before the start of military training, as well as on the eve of training fees in connection with the call for military service.