Citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan under the age of 27 years old, physically qualified for military service are involved in military training.
Students are selected for military training by the selection board in accordance with their personal applications addressed to the Rector of the university.
The following is considered by the selection:
- results of medical examination conducted by the draft committee of local bodies of military management;
- GPA of students in the university determined by results of the exams;
- results of the physical training standards established for students.
These indicators are considered at the meeting held at the end of the first semester by the selection board, which includes representatives of:
- the Ministry of Defense – the chairman;
- Ministries in charge for higher education – co-chairman, members of the board.
Personal structure of the selection board is determined by an order of the Ministry of Defense.
Enrollment of students for military training is conducted by the rector of the university on the basis of the minutes of meeting of the selection board in accordance with a recommendation of the Head of the senior division.
Fitness of students to military service is determined over results of medical examination conducted by military medical commissions of Administrations of Defense prior to the military training, as well as on the eve of training sessions in conjunction with the call for military service.