26 April 2019
Date and Time:
29 April – 2 May, 2019
30 April 2019, Day 1. Opening, Plenary session –The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Astana (16, Dostyk Street); Round Table sessions – L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University (main administrative building, 2, Satpayev Street)
1 May 2019, Day 2. Section sessions – L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University (main administrative building, 2, Satpayev Street)
2 May 2019, Day 3. Closing of Congress –
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Astana (16, Dostyk Street)
Opening of Congress – 30 April 2019:
· 10.00 – 10.30 – press conference;
· 10.30 – 12.30 – the opening ceremony;
· 12.30 – 13.00 – photo session;
· 13.30 – laying flowers at the monument of Alexander S. Pushkin;
· 15.30 – 17.30 – Round Table sessions
The Congress of the International Association of Teachers of Russian Language and Literature (MAPRYAL) is the largest event in the field of world Russian studies, held every five years and unites about 1000 scientists from around the world. For the right to accept the congress, as well as in the Olympic movement, major economic, cultural and scientific centers of different states compete. Over the 50-year history of the International Association of Teachers of Russian Language and Literature, the congress was held in 12 cities of 10 countries: Paris, Warsaw, Berlin, Prague, Budapest, Regensburg, Bratislava, St. Petersburg, Shanghai, Granada, Moscow and Varna.
For the first time in history of MAPRYAL, the Congress is held in Nur-Sultan city, the capital of Kazakhstan. The 14th Congress is devoted to the issues of multilingualism in the modern world and in Kazakhstan, as well as to the discussion of the methodological, linguistic problems of the Russian language in the new technological revolution.
This Congress is intended to make an important contribution to uniting efforts to develop international cooperation in the field of science and education.
MAPRYAL is an international non-profit organization that has existed for over 50 years. It was established on 7 September 1967 in Paris on the initiative of scholars of several countries of the world as a public non-governmental organization and today is one of the world’s largest associations of language and literature teachers who are members of the International Federation of Language Teachers Associations (FIPLV). On 15 September 2017, within the framework of the 50th anniversary of MAPRYAL, an extended meeting of the Presidium of the International Association of Teachers of Russian Language and Literature took place in Paris and about 90 Russian teachers from 40 countries of the world participated at the meeting.
For more than 50 years, MAPRYAL project portfolio held 13 world congresses in 9 countries of the world, numerous conferences, forums, festivals and scientific, educational, book publishing projects. This is a platform for professional exchange of experience for methodologists, teachers, teachers and authors of textbooks.
Rectors of universities, heads of departments of state bodies of Kazakhstan and foreign countries, heads of diplomatic missions in the Republic of Kazakhstan, well-known scientists of Kazakhstan and world, poets, translators, and public figures will take part in the congress.
The congress program includes the work of the following fourteen areas:
- The modern Russian language: sociolinguistic aspects of the study;
- The Russian culture in the era of globalization;
- Systematic and structural description of the modern Russian language;
- Dynamics of language changes: diachronic and synchronic aspects of the study;
- Language. Cognition. Culture;
- The modern Russian lexicography: traditions and innovations;
- The Russian language: communicative and pragmatic aspects of research;
- The Russian language in intercultural communication;
- Methods of teaching Russian as foreign, native and non-native languages;
- Comparative study of Russian and other languages: linguistic and methodical aspects;
- Translation as a means of intercultural understanding, the subject of study and training;
- The Russian language in the media space;
- The Russian literature in the world literary process: history and modernity;
- Methods of teaching Russian literature: theory and practice.
In addition, six Round Tables are planned.
Within the framework of the Congress, an exhibition-presentation of books by scientists from Kazakhstan and foreign countries and book publishers of the world is held.
The official opening (plenary session) of the XIV Congress of the MAPRYAL will take place on April 30, 2019 in The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Astana (16, Dostyk Street).
The organizing committee of the congress asks media representatives to confirm participation and send an application by April 25, 2019 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the XIV Congress can be found on the official Internet resource of MAPRYAL on the following link: https://ru.mapryal.org/.
The detailed program of the XIV Congress of MAPRIAL will be provided to the media after receiving accreditation.