Innovation Park of L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University was established on October 15, 2011.
Innovation Park is a subdivision of the University and its aim is to integrate science-industry-education, to develop and apply innovation projects, to solve scientific problems of the industry and social sphere.
Priority directions of the activities of the Innovation Park of the ENU are research in the fields of alternative energy, deep utilization of techno-genetic mines as well as new materials.
Aims of the Innovation Park:
1. Promoting innovation in the university, aimed at enhancing the structural changes in the national economy, the introduction of ideas in the management of society, the welfare of the university and its academic staff as a whole through effective and efficient use of its scientific and human resources;
2.Creating a favorable startup conditions for the entrepreneurs, scientists, undergraduate and graduate students of ENU, whoare planning to open its spin-off (affiliated) companies and entrepreneurs in the field of high technologies;
3. Creating a friendly environment for existing small and medium-sized innovative companies and start-up-companies interested in mutually beneficial cooperation with the University with the purpose to use its expertise and research capacity;
4. Increase the social status of the teaching staff of the University by attracting them to research activities on a contractual basis;
5.Saving human scientific capacity;
6. Ensuring the involvement of the most talented students in the activities of the innovation park, improving the quality of education, creating financial incentives for students - participants of economic agreements;
7. Improving the quality of education by engaging undergraduate and graduate students to fulfill requirements of R & D;
8.Creating schools in areas of alternative energy and energy management;
9.Promoting technological and social innovation projects.
1. Establishinga physical infrastructure that consists of buildings, structures, communication networks and other supporting systems necessary to host the start-up-companies and existing high-tech companies;
2. Formation of virtual infrastructure consisting of:
· network of the Innovation Park, needed to find sources of financing innovation, partnerships and potential consumers of products of high-tech companies;
· services needed for the effective operation of the business, such as the examination of projects, maintenance of applications for registration of venture financing, accounting, auditing, market research, legal services, etc., as provided by the management of the Innovation Park, as well as independent service companies;
· Divisions of the Innovation Park to encourage scientists to adapt to the market economy, to teach them ways of organizing and running a business, to advise on the course of the activities of the divisions aimedat introducing a system of coaching in which the possible maximum creative potential of scientists, teachers, students, promoting the formation of personalities in the highest understanding.
3.Implementation of the system of coaching can be considered as a separate social innovation project.
4.Organization of cooperation with well-known venture capital firms and the creation of a venture capital firm in the Innovation Park.
5.Organization of cooperation with the world-class science parks for more efficient development of the Innovation Park of ENU, the implementation of international projects, transfer of high-tech, in-demand technologies;
6. Organizationofreliable schemes of financing for research experienced constructive works.
7.Organization of scheme of interaction of all participants in the innovation process in maximum efficiency;
8. Build a complex of the Innovation Park, which contains an organic combination of the form (etno-architecture and high technology) and content (the effective training of scientific and engineering personnel, real integration of science and industry).
Director Vladimir Kim
Born on May 25, 1955.
Candidate of technical sciences, expert on energy efficiency and new sources of energy.
Education: Tomsk Politechnical Institute (thermophysicsand nuclear energy);A.F.Yoffe Leningrad Institute of Physics and Technics (high temperature plasma).