L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University on the implementation of the State program of industrial-innovative development
For the purposes of phased industrial policy development by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan №874 August 1, 2014 the State program of industrial and innovative development of Kazakhstan for 2015-2019 has been approved.
The state program of industrial and innovative development of Kazakhstan for 2015-2019 (hereinafter - the SPIID-2) is drafted in accordance with the long-term priorities of the Strategy "Kazakhstan-2050", with the Concept of Kazakhstan joining the top 30 developed countries in the world, as well as in response to the State Head request in the framework of the Republic of Kazakhstan President's Address to the nation "Kazakhstan's way - 2050: common goals, common interests, common future."
The main purpose of SPIID-2 is to promote the diversification and increase the manufacturing industry competitiveness. To achieve these goals there are following tasks:
1) to accelerate the manufacturing industry development;
2) to improve the efficiency and increase the added value in the priority sectors;
3) to increase in non-oil exports;
4) to preserve a productive employment;
5) to give a new level of adaptability to the priority sectors of the manufacturing industry, and provide a basis for the future development of the sectors through the formation of innovation clusters;
6) to promote of entrepreneurship and development of small and medium-sized businesses in the manufacturing industry.
According to the final analysis the six priority sectors of the manufacturing industry have been selected, such as metallurgy, chemicals, petrochemicals, machinery, building materials, food industry, and which are divided into 14 sectors:
1. Ferrous metallurgy
2. The non-ferrous metals industry
4. The oil and gas chemistry
5. The food production
6. Agricultural Chemicals
7. The production of chemical products for industry
8. Manufacture of motor vehicles, their parts, accessories and engines
9. The production of electrical machinery and apparatus
10. The production of agricultural machinery
11. The production of railway equipment
12. Manufacture of machinery and equipment for the mining industry
13. Manufacture of machinery and equipment for oil refining and oil industry
14. Production of construction materials
Innovative sectors are defined according to the priorities set out in the conceptual and policy documents, letters and speeches of the President, in particular, the President’s of the Republic of Kazakhstan Address to people of Kazakhstan dated January 17, 2014. These sectors are: industry of mobile and multimedia technologies, nano- (innovative) and space technologies, robotics, genetic engineering, search and discovery of future energy.
ENU is working on the implementation of the tasks set by the Head of State in his message "Nurly Zhol - Path to the Future" for staff training as a part of the second five-year industrial and innovative development plan of the country. ENU is one of the 11-th universities under the SPIID-2. ENU prepares masters on two priority specialties:
- 6M073000 "Production of construction materials, products and structures"
- 6M074600 "Space engineering and technologies"
In the 4 years period ENU is planning to graduate more than 1,000 highly skilled specialists within SPIID-2 for the national economy.
In 2015, training has begun under the state order for the profile master on two specialties of SPIID-2, which were admitted to study at Master’s level of 210 students:
• Specialty 6M073000 "Production of construction materials, products and structures" – 130 students.
• Specialty 6M074600 "Space engineering and technologies" - 80 students.
In 2016 it is planned to admit about 100 masters for profile magistracy (1.5 years) for new educational programs:
• Energy-efficient and resource-saving technologies in the production of concrete and reinforced concrete products and structures - 60 persons
• Space robotics and mechatronics - 40 persons
Given the advanced world standards and through consultations of foreign scientists from partners-universities ENU and major employers within SPIID-2, on the basis of L.N. Gumilyov ENU created new modern laboratories, which allow students to conduct their research and attend workshops.
To implement this program SPIID- 2 Eurasian National University has established bilateral relations with top foreign universities. The main partners-universities of L.N. Gumilyov ENU are Technical University of Berlin (Germany) and the Middle East Technical University (Turkey).
Specialty 6M073000 – "Production of construction materials, products and structures"
The high rates of modern construction in Astana require a large variety of building materials, which has led to the formation in the city of the cluster plants for the construction industry. The need for specialists considered a specialty increases every year.
Preparing undergraduates for specialty 6M073000 - "Production of construction materials, products and structures" conducted since 2010 on the basis of the Faculty of Architecture and Construction (hereinafter - FAS), which is the legal successor of the Tselinograd Civil Engineering Institute (TCEI).
As one of the participants of the State program of industrial and innovative development (hereinafter - SPIID) L.N. Gumilyov ENU provides training in the construction industry for the specialty 6M073000 - "Production of construction materials, products and structures."
Currently training in the production of building/construction materials is conducted at the Department "Technology of industrial and civil construction" and the Department "Production of buildings and structures" FAS.
At the moment, the number of students is 130 people.
The implementation of educational program for specialty 6M073000- "Production of construction materials, products and structures"
In December 2014 the specialty 6M073000-"Production of construction materials, products and constructions" has passed the international accreditation in Kazakhstan Independent Agency of accreditation and rating.
The program preparation of graduates is agreed with the corresponding programs of universities-partners from Slovakia, Japan, Russia, Canada and the United States.
In 2015, in conjunction with Middle east technical university (METU, Turkey) has developed a new educational program "Production of construction materials, products and structures for innovative technologies" in the frames of SPIID.
This program meets all the requirements of State compulsory standards for post-graduate education (SCSE) and SPIID, and the expert evidences are obtained from foreign experts about their full compliance.
In 2016 it is planned to develop a New Educational Program “Energy-efficient and resource-saving technologies in the production of concrete and reinforced concrete products and structures" (1.5 years of study) for specialty 6M073000-"Production of construction materials, products and structures" together with a foreign University - partner.
As part of the integration of science, education and production the Eurasian national university by Gumilyov trains its staff for the construction industry of Kazakhstan in close cooperation with leading national and international construction companies and enterprises, such as: construction company "Bi Group", LLP "Basis-A", JSC "Stroykonstruktsiya", Sembol Insaat and others.
ENU has long-term agreements with construction companies and enterprises in producing of construction materials, located in the central region of the Republic: “ABK-lab", "EKOTON" (Astana), "Bi Group", LLP "Astana Stroy Consulting", which are the bases of production practices and the main consumers of the University graduates.
Joint work with construction organizations and firms is also set in forms of coordination and reviews of Educational Program, catalogs of elective disciplines. There are branches of departments on the basis of such companies as: LLC "ABK-Lab”, "Astana su arnasy", JSC "Astana-Teplotranzit", holding company "BI Group".
Material and technical base
In 2015, in the frames of SPIID-2 is created the laboratory "Production of construction materials, products and constructions", which allows students and scholars to conduct modern research and practical classes.
The expert evidences for equipments of laboratory ‘’Production of construction materials, products and structures’’ are also obtained.
According to the new topics of training Educational Program “Energy-efficient and resource-saving technologies in the production of concrete and reinforced concrete products and structures" on specialty 6M073000 – "Production of construction materials, products and structures" and in order to implement this direction in the 2016-2017 study years, it is planned to create a “Laboratory of concrete and reinforced concrete products and structures”.
The international cooperation
In the frames of SPIID-2 by ENU are established international bilateral relationships with a number of foreign universities in the direction of the specialty 6M073000 – "Production of construction materials, products and structures". The main partners-universities for the implementation of SPIID-2 are Middle east technical university (Turkey, EECA Rankings – 11), Tokyo University (Japan, QS – 31), Inchon national university (Korea, QS – 201), with which have signed agreements of mutual understanding.
Partners-universities provide services for the development of new educational programs and consultation, also provides an expert advice on the training of specialists in the field of construction industry.
In 2015 in the framework of the Program 10 employees of ENU teaching staff passed the courses to improve and increase their qualification for the specialty 6M073000 – "Production of construction materials, products and structures" on the basis of Middle east technical university.
To participate in various events in frames of SPIID-2 for the ACF faculty - the 9 experts were invited from near and far abroad.
At this moment, the agreements of cooperation with the following scientific, educational and production centers have signed:
1. Middle East Technical University (Turkey)
2. Bozachi University (Turkey)
3. Istanbul Technical University (Turkey)
4. Tokyo University (Japan)
5. Hachinohe Institute of Technology (Japan)
6. Kyoto University (Japan)
7. Incheon National University (South Korea)
8. Yonsei University (South Korea)
9. Korea University (South Korea)
10. Saint-Petersburg State Architecture and Civil Engineering University (Russia)
11. Moscow Federal Civil Engineering University (Russia)
12. Tamkang University (Taiwan, China)
13. Warsaw University of Life Sciences (Poland)
14. Columbia University (USA)
15. Asian Institute of Technology (Thailand)
16. Tallin University (Estonia)
17. Singapore National University (Singapore)
The Program development for 2015-2019 in frames of SPIID-2 will allow to achieve the following results:
* Will be created a scientific-educational cluster for the staff training of higher qualification in the field of construction materials production;
* All the enterprises of the northern and central regions of the Kazakhstan in the industry of construction materials will be of 100% provided with highly qualified staff - master of technical science;
* Will be created scientific and technical center for the development and production of innovative construction materials;
* Will be created a powerful material and technical base, fully equipped with the most modern teaching and laboratory equipment;
*Will be built a modern social infrastructure - 2 (two) student’s hostels for 2,000 persons;
* On the basis of ENU will be created 2 (two) start-up companies for the production of new energy-efficient construction materials with improved features including the use of nanotechnologies.
Specialty 6М074600 - "Space engineering and technology "
Space exploration and space research are one of the main directions of scientific and technical progress in the modern world. The development of space activities largely determines the political image of any modern state, its economic, scientific-technical and defensive power.
L.N. Gumilyov ENU, executing President’s orders since 2011, provides training for specialty "Space engineering and technology" on the basis of Physics and engineering faculty.
Today ENU is one of the participants of the State program of industrial and innovative development (SPIID) in the field of space industry.
In the frame of SPIID priorities, ENU is carrying out the staff training for specialty 6М074600"Space engineering and technology". The main graduating department is "Space engineering and technology" department (hereinafter- "SE&T"), which has high scientific, human, material and technical potential.
At this moment the number of students-masters is 75 persons (list of masters).
Implementation of educational program for specialty 6М074600 - "Space engineering and technology"
In order to train highly qualified specialists and implement of education, training, industrial practices and other types of educational activity of ENU in conjunction with the University - partner in 2015 was developed the educational program "Space engineering and technology". In developing this program the requirements incorporate according to State compulsory standards for post-graduate education (hereinafter SCSE) in training of specialists in the space sector, as well as the basic requirements and the priorities of SPIID.
L.N. Gumilyov ENU as a result of consultation with the main university - partner decided to start master’s admission of 2016-2018 study for new educational program "Space robotics and mechatronics". As a result of the analysis of the labor market jointly with the local authorities and key companies, ENU has identified the need for staff of 40 persons, which it is planned to provide them a job. The expert evidences for the new educational program “Space robotics and mechatronics" have received from foreign organizations and experts.
In the process of undergraduates training for the specialty 6М074600 "Space engineering and technology" the representatives of space industry enterprises of the Republic of Kazakhstan have an active participation too.
The joint work is based on forms of coordination and reviews of educational program, catalogs of elective subjects and provision of practice bases. The specialists of the companies also are teachers-pluralists/assistants of the “SE&T” department. The department of releasing/graduating the specialties has a significant number of base practices which have signed the contracts and agreements on long-term cooperation, etc. And the branches of the “SE&T” department on the basis of such companies as JSC "NC "Kazakhstan Gharysh Sapary" (Astana) and LLP "Ghalam" (Astana) have also functional operation.
The masters -students of the specialty 6М074600"Space engineering and technology" are provided with modern material and technical base. With the aim of to conduct practical training classes and research in the frame of SPIID-2 at the "SE&T" department are created 2 (two) modern and innovative laboratories:
1. Laboratory of experimental production and engineering models testing of electronic components, modules and on-board (embedded) systems SSC (small spacecraft). The laboratory includes a set of flight models on-board systems and mission equipment for the creation of small spacecraft.
2. Laboratory of building and testing prototypes (experimental model) of printed circuit boards: technology-production chain according to the Rapid Prototyping/Re-Working technology. In the lab includes a set of auxiliary equipment for carrying out functional tests of the SSC.
The list of necessary equipment in the formation of laboratory was attached to the appropriate educational programs for the specialty 6М074600"Space engineering and technology" and agreed with foreign University-partner, Technical University of Berlin.
Laboratory equipment was purchased with the aim of training for projects of SPIID-2, in particular, for collecting and testing complex for the production of small satellites, building in Astana and has no analogues in the Commonwealth countries.
In order to effectively use the equipment it is prepared a Perspective plan for development of ENU for specialty 6М074600"Space engineering and technology" in the frame of the SPIID-2.
The international cooperation
In the frames of SPIID-2 by L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian national university are established bilateral international relations with the 3 (three) foreign universities for specialty 6М074600 "Space engineering and technology". Basic partner - university for the implementation of SPIID-2 is the Technical University of Berlin (Germany, QS World University Rankings: 178), which in 2015 was signed a Memorandum of understanding.
Technische Universität Berlin provides services for the development of new educational programs and consultation, also provides with the expert evidences for the specialists training in space industry.
In 2015 in the framework of the SPIID - the 11(eleven) employees of ENU teaching staff passed the courses to improve and increase their qualification for specialty 6М074600 – "Space engineering and technology" on the basis of the Technische Universität Berlin.
To participate in various events in the frame of SPIID-2 for the "SE&T" department, which the 6 (six) experts were invited from near and far abroad.
At this moment , the "SE&T" department has signed the agreements of mutual understanding and cooperation with the following scientific, educational and production centers:
- Technical University of Berlin, Institute of Aviation and Astronautics" (Germany)
-Research laboratory of space geodesy (Portugal)
- Firm "Canopus" (USA)
-Space firm ISIS (Netherlands)
- Industrial Corporation "Yuzhmash" (Ukraine)
Siberian aerospace University (Russian Federation)
- Samara aerospace University (Russian Federation)
- N.U. Bauman MSTU (Russia)
-Moscow aviation Institute (Russia)
-Space company "Sputnik" (Russian Federation)
- Rocket and space company "Lin industrial" (Russian Federation)
The development Program for 2015-2019 in frames of SPIID-2, ENU can achieve the following results:
* all the enterprises of space industry in Kazakhstan will be provided with 100% of highly qualified staff–masters of technical science;
* the scientific and staff potential for the creation of educational space complex will be concentrated in “SE&T” department: the ENU and KazSpace enterprises;
* "University scientific and educational space cluster" for training of postgraduate education in sphere of Space Technologies will be created;
* educational-industrial and scientific-technological complex will be created for designing, building, testing and launching of mini ultra-light space vehicles and microsatellites;
* educational-industrial and scientific-technological complex will be created for designing and creating the ground launch and control complex to start ultra - light mini space rockets.