PhD., is full professor and dean at the Faculty of Communication, Istanbul University, Turkey. Previously, he washead of public relations department. He has published six books and over 30 papers in national and international academic journals. He taught in Leipzig University, Gumilev Eurasian National University, Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, and Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv as a visiting professor.
His areas of interest are public relations, public relations theory, corporate advertising, sponsorship and corporate communication. He is a member of EUPRERA
Authorship of the Book Chapter
(Kitapta Bölüm Yazarlığı)
1. Okay, A., and A. Okay, “The Place of Theory in Public Relations Practice”, Public Relations: From Theory to Practice, Tricia Hansen Horn and Bonita Dostal Neff (Eds.), Boston: Allyn & Bacon, 2007, pp. 300-316.
2. Okay, A. and Okay A., “Die Beziehungen vor PR Verantwortlichen und Journalisten in der Türkei,” Autonomie und Beeinflussung. Beziehungen zwischen Journalismus und PR, Hrsg. Klaus-Dieter Altmeppen, Ulrike Röttger, Günter Bentele, Westdeutscher Verlag, Wiesbaden, 2004.
3. Okay A., and A. Okay, “Contemporary Girls of Contemporary Turkey”, The Evaluation of Public Relations: Case Studies from Countries in Transition, (Ed.) Judy VanSlyke Turk and Linda H. Scanlan, 2nd Edition, Gainesville, 2004.
The Articles Published in Journals within in the Scope of SCI Expanded, “Social Science Citation Index (SSCI)”, “Arts and Humanities Citation Index (AHCI)”
(SCI Expanded, “Social Science Citation Index (SSCI)”, “Arts and Humanities Citation Index (AHCI)” kapsamındaki dergilerde yayınlanmış makale)
1. Okay A. and A. Okay, “MA and Doctoral Public Relations Research in Turkey (1984-2007): A Quantitative Study of Dissertations Contribution to Public Relations Field”, Public Relations Review, Vol.34, No.3, 2008, pp. 312-314.
Publications in the International Peer-Reviewed Journals (Outside the Scope of SCI Expanded, SSCI and AHCI)
(SCI Expanded, SSCI ve AHCI kapsamı dışındaki yurtdışı hakemli dergilerdeki yayınlar)
1. Okay, A. “The Use of Social Media by the Youth”, Humanities and Social Sciences Review, 1, 2, 2012, 281-288.
2. Okay A. and Okay A., “The Progress of Public Relations as a Profession in Turkey”, European PR News, Vol.2, Iss.4, December 2003.
3. Okay, A., “Public Relations Education in Turkey“, European PR News, Vol.2, Iss.3, October 2003.
4. Okay, A., “Public Relations in Turkey: An Overview”, European PR News, Vol.2, Iss.1, April 2003.
Türkiye’de hakemli dergilerdeki yabancı dilde yayınlar
Refereed Journal Publications in Foreign Languages in Turkey
(Türkiye’de hakemli dergilerdeki yabancı dilde yayınlar)
1. Okay, A. and A. Okay, “An Analytic Study of Communication Satisfaction in the Turkish Postal Service”, Selçuk Journal of Communication, 6, 1, pp. 51-66 (2009).
2. Okay, A., “The Public Relations Activities of Public Institutions in Turkey which Shape Public Sphere”, Journal of Communication, 8, 9-35 (2008).
3. Okay, A., and A. Okay, “Undergraduate and Graduate Public Relations Education in Turkey: A Quantitative Study Of Dissertations Contributions to Public Relations Field (1984–2007)”, Selçuk Journal of Communication, 5, 2, pp. 5-14 (2008).
4. Okay, A., and A. Okay, “The Internet: Information Tool for the Press The Use of Virtual Press Rooms in Turkey: A Comparative Study about top Companies and Companies with “Reputation”, Journal of Faculty of Communication, 32, pp. 97-113 (2008).
5. Okay, A., “The Approach of the Sports Press to Public Relations Activities in Turkey”, Selçuk Journal of Communication, 5, 1, pp. 82-92 (2007)
6. Okay, A., “Public Relations on the Web”, Selçuk Journal of Communication, 1, 88-96 (2001).
The Full Text of Papers Published in International Scientific Meetings and Presented Orally or Speech
(Uluslararası bilimsel toplantılarda sözlü sunulan ve tam metni yayınlanan bildiri veya konuşma)
1. Okay A. “Turkish Society and the Bulgarian Image among People Immigrating from Bulgaria”, 11th International Scientific Conference: Dialog with the other: Balkan’s Dimensions of the European Identity”, 14-15 November, Sofia, 2008.
2. Okay A., ve F. Göksu, “Windows Opening to Cultures: An Overview of Cultural Entities Through the Governmental Websites of Southeastern European Countries”, 10th International Scientific Conference: Cultural Diversities and Communication amongst Cultures, 18-19 May, Sofia, 2007.
3. Okay A., “The Image of Balkan Countries: Turkish Perspective”, 9th International Scientific Conference, 19-20 May, Sofia, 2006.
4. Okay A. ve N. Canpolat “Halkla İlişkiler ve Hedef Kitleyle İletişimde Kurumsal Web Sitelerinin İncelenmesi” Yeni İletişim Ortamları ve Etkileşim Uluslararası Konferansı, [Investigation of the Corporate Web Sites with communicating target audience and Public Relations, International New Media and Interactivity Conference] İstanbul, 1-3 Kasım 2006.
5. Okay A., “Children Programme Sponsorship on Television”, 1st International Children Conference, İstanbul, 2003.
6. Okay A., and A. Okay “PR-Profile der türkischen PR-Ausbildung“ PR-Ausbildung im deutschsprachigen Raum» Lingen, 21. bis 23. November, 2002.
7. Okay A., Okay A. and T. Ertem, “Kurumsal Özgürlük: Medyadan Bağımsız İletişim”, Türkiye-Ukrayna Medya İlişkileri Uluslararası Konferansı, [Corporate Freedom: the media, the Independent Communications Turkey-Ukraine International Conference on Media Relations] Kiev, 11-13 May 2011.
8. Okay A. and A. Okay, “Strategic Communication with the Media in Crisis Periods: A Study on Turkey’s Twenty Most Favorite Corporations and Twenty Biggest Corporations’ Media Reflection and How They Use Communication on Their Web Sites”, 61th International Communication Association Conference, Boston, 26-30.05.2011.
9. Okay A., A. Okay, G.Terek, “Sponsorship as an International Communication Tool in Example Turkish Airlines”, XXIII Sinergie Annual Congress, Milan, 9-11 November 2011
Uluslararası bilimsel toplantılarda sözlü sunulan bildiri
1. A.Okay, “From Conventional to Multimedia Journalism: The Experience of İstanbul University Faculty of Communication’s Newspaper (İletim)”, V. International Scientific and Practical Conference: “Multimedia Journalism of Eurasia-2011 Tradition and Innovation East and West, Kazan, 15-16 December 2011.
The panel chairman in international and library papers in scientific meetings, session chairman, chairman of the science board, the regulatory board president or the secretary of the executive meeting
(Uluslararası ve bildiri kitaplı bilimsel toplantılarda panel başkanlığı, oturum başkanlığı, bilim kurulu başkanlığı, toplantı yürütme ve düzenleme kurulu başkanlığı veya sekreterliği)
1. Session Chairman: 5th International Congress of Children and Communication, 20-22 October, 2008.
2. Session Chairman: 4th International Congress of Children and Communication, 22–24 October, 2007.
3. Session Chairman: Symposium of the New Tendency, Problems and Solutions in Public Relations in the 21st Century, 27-28 April, 2006.
4. Session Chairman: 2nd National Symposium of Media and Ethics, 13-14 October, 2011.
5. Organizer of EUPRERA 2012 Annual Congress, 20-22 September 2012.