ClaudioSpitaleriwas bornat Adrano(Catania) November 23, 1945, graduated from theUniversity ofCatania, in Nuclear Physics, Assistant Professor (1974-1982), Lecturer(1976-1982 ), Eligibility for theNational Competition forAssociate Professorin Nuclear Physics(1980), Associate Professor of Experimental Physics(1982-2000), FullProfessor ofExperimental Physics(2000-20011), FullProfessor ofNuclear and Subnuclear Physicsfrom 2012
At present he holds the positions of
- Deputy Director of the Department of Physics and Astronomy (2011)
- Member-elect of the Board of Management of the Department of Physics and Astronomy in 2011 a
- Member of the Academic Board of the International PhD course in Nuclear and Particle Astrophysics of the University of Catania
-VisitingProfessor of GumilyovEurasian National University (Astana-Kazakhistan)
-Director of European Summer School of Experimental Nuclear Astrophysics email@example.com
-Member of the Group of Experts Evaluators (GEV) of the Physical Sciences on behalf of Agency National of Valuation University Research in the Evaluation of Research Quality.
- Member of Scientific Committees and Advisory Boards of international conferences in the field of research of Nuclear Physics and Nuclear Astrophysics.
- Member of the Pool of Reviewers of the section Physical Science and Engineeering (CFSP) of the European Science Foundation (www.esf.org.) (2009-2010 reappointed for 2010-2012).