«Implementing a Central Asian Center for Teaching, Learning and Entrepreneurship - CACTLE»
Grant holder: Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien - Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria.
Project Coordinator: Professor Josef Aff
European partners: Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria; Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany; Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spain; Universidade da Coruna, Spain.
Project partners: 17 organizations in Central Asia.
Project implementation period: 2015-2018.
Aim of the project:
This project is dedicated to implement a "Central Asian Center for Teaching, Learning and Entrepreneurship - CACTLE" with the aim to:
- promote and strengthen the relations between Central Asian higher educational institutions and enterprises, as socio-economic actors;
- foster intrapreneurial and entrepreneurial competencies by improving the teaching competencies of HEI-teachers;
- create further training opportunities for employees of enterprises and institutions;
- qualify students in entrepreneurship and business development.
The objectives of the project are:
1. Sustainable implementation of a CACTLE - Implementing a CACTLE as a virtual expert network institutionalized at the participating universities with a sustainable perspective.
2. Professionalization of HEI-teachers - Qualifying of at least 27 HEI-teachers as "Certified University Teachers - CUT", 18 HEI-teachers as "Advanced Management Trainers - AMT" on the basis of a certification program for CUT and AMT with a scope of 90 (CUT) and 60 (AMT) contact hours. Another 27 HEI-teachers will be qualified as CUT by the first alumnis during the third project year.
3. Professionalization of employees - Qualifying employees of enterprises/institutions in at least 48 CACTLE-further trainings designed and held by AMT in special fields of economics and business in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.
4. Professionalization of students - Qualifying at least 90 students in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan in the field of "Entrepreneurship and Business Development - EBD" on the basis of a core-curriculum in a scope of 10 ECTS or equal in English or Russian.