Today L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University is one of the culturally diverse universities. Thus diversity, integration and polylinguism are among the core values. The development of international cooperation of the Eurasian National University in educational and scientific sphere and
The main mission of the International Cooperation Department is to ensure the internationalization of activities of the university and raising awareness of ENU as a scientific and educational center of the Eurasian region in global educational arena by:
1. Establishing and developing new effective, sustainable relations with leading universities in the world, scholarship programs, educational and scientific organizations;
2. Search of new international education and scientific programs and dissemination of information about opportunities and consultancies for students, faculty, university staff of ENU to participate in international programs;
3. Assisting with Inbound and Outbound academic mobility of students, faculty, university staff and its placement and registration at the partner institution and ENU;
4. Development of multilingual education at ENU;
5. Assisting in development of double-degree education;
6. Recruiting of foreign nationals for education at ENU, placement and registration;
7. Attracting of foreign professors and organization of their visits;
8. Assisting in engagement of university into works of consortiums, associations;
9. Presentation of ENU in international forums, educational fairs, and so on.
- Coordination of external outgoing mobility of students, faculty and administrative staff;
- Coordination of the WELCOME TO ENU program to attract foreign students;
- Coordination of international educational programs in the framework of academic mobility for students, faculty and administrative staff of the University.
- agreements with foreign educational organizations;
- inviting foreign specialists;
- improving the recognition of the University in the global educational space.
1) organization of recruiting of foreign contingent by updating communication portals, participating in career guidance sites with a presentation of the University’s leading academic programs on information resources, participating in international educational exhibitions, conferences, summits, etc .;
2) assistance to foreign citizens in obtaining visa support and registration with the authorized bodies - in consultation with representatives of the national security bodies at the University, as well as integration of foreign students into the educational and social life of the university;
3) maintaining, monitoring and constant regulation of the database of foreign students of the University in electronic format (entry / exit, period of stay, academic status, etc.);
4) development and organization of measures for the development and establishment of international relations of the University with diplomatic missions and representative offices of international organizations accredited in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
5) carrying out vocational guidance work to attract ethnic compatriots, with the direction of the Department staff to densely populated points of their residence abroad.
The WELCOME Center ENU was created as part of the Erasmus + project “WELCOME – Towards incoming international university communities” in September 2018 with the goal of providing conditions for successful adaptation and integration of foreign students, teachers and researchers into the university environment, and attracting foreign students.
Functions of the Center:
- Information and advisory: organization of information sessions, orientation week for foreign students and teachers, the provision of general and practical information about the university and the city, meetings with staff and guests of the University;
- Material and technical: providing a resource base for academic training: computers, multi-function device, projector, mini-library, Wi-Fi;
- Socio-cultural: holding international days, cultural days, presentations, speaking clubs, distribution of tickets and invitations to cultural, educational and sports events of the University and the city. Additional information on the web-site of project: http://www.welcomeproject.net/.
010008 Astana, 11/2 Pushkin Str., student house No.7
+77172 70 95 00