4 September 2020
The competition is announced for participation in the international project «SOLID - Social work and strengthening of NGOs in development cooperation to treat drug addiction» funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The project implementation period 2020-2025
The aim of the project is the participation of 3 doctoral and 1 post-doctoral students in the field of social sciences (social work, sociology, psychology), health care, psychotherapy, drug addiction and one post-doctoral student with a monthly scholarship.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT:
1. Each PostDoc position has duration of max. 54 months. Definitely end of project will be the 31.12.2024. During this period, the PostDoc candidates have to attend project meetings planned to be held in Germany, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
2. The PostDocs will initiate, conduct and supervise research projects in their own countries with the PhD students and scientific coordinators and will collaborate in overarching research projects of the whole consortium.
3. The PostDocs are obliged to participate in the internship, which will take place in Frankfurt and Berlin (Germany).
4. Annually, the PostDocs must submit an interim report on the development of their research.
5. By the end of the PostDoc fellowships, the researchers must submit at least 2 publications in international peer-review journals with a higher impact factor.
6. The obligations of the PostDocs also include participation in 2 international conferences financed by the project.
7. The position will be a fulltime position (explanation on whether/what additional workload is possible will follow).
THE MAIN REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION OF A DOCTORAL STUDENT ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Completed doctorate in social Sciences / social work or related subject areas (example, Psychology, social medicine) and significant experience in public health, drug policy, or medicine, as well as extensive experience in managing international programs.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION:
- Resume in Europass format
- Motivation letter
- Justification, talking points for:
1) opioid treatment (AOT) and social assistance in 5 partner countries (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan)
2) AOT in freedom and prisons / penitentiaries;
3) the role of NGOs in the field of therapy, harm reduction;
4) Social work with drug users in the penitentiary system;
5) families, children of parents who use drugs-interventions and support;
6) poverty and disorders, behavioral, etc. from the use of psychoactive substances
7) migration, poverty and use of narcotic substances;
8) knowledge of drugs, HIV / AIDS, hepatitis B and C.
The deadline for submitting documents for participation in the competition is September 10, 2020.
For more information, contact the scientific coordinator of the project on behalf of ENU named after L.N. Gumilyov, Yesimova Dinara Gabibollayevna.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 8-701-445-045