4 September 2020
The competition is announced for participation in the international project «SOLID - Social work and strengthening of NGOs in development cooperation to treat drug addiction» funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The project implementation period 2020-2025
The aim of the project is the participation of 3 doctoral students in the field of social sciences (social work, sociology, psychology), health care, psychotherapy, drug addiction and one post-doctoral student with a monthly scholarship (approximately 305,000 tenge per month). The project includes training and research internships for young researchers at the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences, field studies on social work, in-person participation in international conferences, publication of research results in scientific journals with a high impact factor.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT:
1) Write a dissertation research in the field of social work and sociology, covering the following aspects: innovative/ modern issues of drug treatment (narcology), social work, infectious diseases in the penitentiary system;
2) Conduct research work with at least 5 international organizations in different countries;
3) Pass Scientific exchanges and research meetings with 5 solid partner countries;
4) Participate in the creation of a University network of joint research works on the role of social work in providing drug treatment;
5) Participate in the development of new information and communication technologies in the CIS countries
6) Participate in joint research projects on the above topics in an international context;
7) Receive training and exchange of experience in Germany, participate in project meetings in the USA and partner countries;
8) Publications: in peer-reviewed journals;
9) Organization of additional research projects (development of programs and documentation);
10) Participate in conferences, submit applications for participation in the form of abstracts, reports.
All applicants must be aware of the Sustainable Development Goals that must be decided in all activities: health and well-being, skills education, gender equality, inclusive societies.
THE MAIN REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION OF A DOCTORAL STUDENT ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- master's degree in social Sciences (social work, sociology, psychology), health care, psychotherapy, and drug addiction.
- experience in the organization and implementation of international research projects (participating as an expert or directly implementing project activities).
- a certificate of proficiency in English.
- participation in this project on a day-to-day basis.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION:
- Resume in Europass format
- Motivation letter
- Justification, talking points for:
1) opioid treatment (AOT) and social assistance in 5 partner countries (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan)
2) AOT in freedom and prisons / penitentiaries;
3) the role of NGOs in the field of therapy, harm reduction;
4) Social work with drug users in the penitentiary system;
5) families, children of parents who use drugs-interventions and support;
6) poverty and disorders, behavioral, etc. from the use of psychoactive substances
7) migration, poverty and use of narcotic substances;
8) knowledge of drugs, HIV / AIDS, hepatitis B and C.
The deadline for submitting documents for participation in the competition is September 10, 2020.
For more information, contact the scientific coordinator of the project on behalf of ENU named after L.N. Gumilyov, Yesimova Dinara Gabibollayevna.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 8-701-445-045